- Turmeric is a plant.It has a warm, bitter taste and is frequently used to flavor or color curry powders, mustards, butters, and cheeses.
- The root of turmeric is also used widely to make medicine.
- Turmeric is used for arthritis, heartburn (dyspepsia), stomach pain, diarrhea, intestinal gas, stomach bloating, loss of appetite, jaundice, liver problems and gallbladder disorders.It is also used for headaches, bronchitis, colds, lung infections, fibromyalgia, leprosy, fever, menstrual problems, and cancer.
- Other uses include depression, Alzheimer’s disease, water retention, worms, and kidney problems.Some people apply turmeric to the skin for pain, ringworm, bruising, leech bites, eye infections, inflammatory skin conditions, soreness inside of the mouth, and infected wounds.
- In food and manufacturing, the essential oil of turmeric is used in perfumes, and its resin is used as a flavor and color component in foods.
- Don’t confuse turmeric with Javanese turmeric root (Curcuma zedoaria).
- Product Code: Turmeric
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: $24.95
Only $20.95/month (Priority Shipping). Cancel Anytime